QuickBooks is powerful accounting software, that helps to track the transactions efficiently and effortlessly. While using QuickBooks you might get some technical error. One such technical error is the QuickBooks Error H101. This error occurs when a company file placed on a PC requires additional configuration. So before going forward, This blog will give you an idea that should be followed to solve QuickBooks error H101. Meanwhile, before going through the solutions to solve the same error, we need to know the reasons for the h101 error in QB.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error H101:
The following are all possible reason that can cause QuickBooks error H101:
- Your PC is unable to connect to the server.
- In the event that the DNS settings are not right.
- The correct allocation of the file is not accessible to the server.
- A firewall can block access to the PC where the company file is placed.
- Due to the incorrect installation of QuickBooks software.
- When QuickBooks fails to obtain the PC’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Damaged or incorrect file configuration.
- The error appears on the screen when the file is not located in any of the installed servers.
Now moving forward, you can go through various solutions to fix h101.
Some important points to remember before resolving the QuickBooks H101 error:
- First of all, you need to make sure that the QuickBooks Server is installed on the computer.
- Now, confirm that QuickBooks software is installed on the server before starting.
- It is possible that it is installed with or without a license. In the event that the QuickBooks application is not installed on the server, you will not have the option to access or use the multi-user environment.
- After that, you can download the QuickBooks software from the official Intuit’s website.
How to resolve QuickBooks error code H101?
The error code H101 can be fixed in various ways. We have talked about some of them. Hopefully, one of the later solutions will definitely help you in fixing the h101 error.
Steps 1: Verify Hosting
When working in a multi-user environment, hosting should only be available on the hosting device.
- Initially, you need to open the QuickBooks software inside all computers.
- Now, Choose the file and press on utilities.
- If you evaluate host multi-user access in a list, this computer is not hosting the company file. You can switch to a different computer. Do not change anything if you see a host multi-user server.
- After that, you need to select the option “Select Hosting Multi-User Access”.
- Finally, you must repeat all the above steps on every system.
Step 2: Verify QuickBooks Services
QuickBooks services (QuickbooksDBXX and QBCF Monitor Service) are required to run on a server computer when working with the QuickBooks desktop in multi-user mode.
- At the very First step, you need to click the Window+R key to open the run box.
- After this, you have to type services.MSc and click on the Enter button.
- Now, you have to scroll down in the Services window and search for QuickBooksDBXX services.
- Then you need to ensure that the startup type is set to automatic and the status of the services is running.
- Now, Press on the recovery tab.
- After that, you need to press the drop-down menu for the first failure and then select restart the services.
- If it fails, it immediately resumes the QuickBooks DB service. and It is recommended that you do the same for the second failure.
- After that, To save the changes made, select OK.
- Now you need to perform the first 6 steps for the QBCF Monitor service again.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks multi-user mode on each affected workstation.
Steps 3: Configure Firewall Setting
Under this solution, you must first uninstall the anti-virus guard programmer. After uninstalling it, you will be able to edit Windows Defender.
- Initially, make connections with the window firewall settings.
- Now, right-click on the outbound rules, on the left and choose the new rule.
- Select Ports And press Next.
- Choose TCP and in the local ports box.
- Press Next and choose to allow the connection.
- Press Next to enter a name in the name field and click finish.
- Now, repeat the above steps for inbound rules.
- Finally, open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Steps 4: Create New Folder For The Company File
- Create a new folder on the hosting computer, and share it.
- Set Windows Access permission for company file sharing.
- Copy and paste all company files in the new folder.
- In multi-user mode, open your company file.
Steps 5: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
A QuickBooks File Doctor Tool recognizes the error itself. Likewise, it effectively checks the QuickBooks’ error. You can download the QuickBooks file on your PC and after installing it, you can run the program. Along these lines, the device will meet the motivation behind fixing error code H101.